Summer Camp Welcome Letter
Welcome to Summer Camp, 2021!
The start of your child’s session is right around the corner and we are so excited to welcome you to Fair Acres Summer Camp 2021. This summer is going to be amazing, and we need it more than ever! With that, we want you to feel comfortable and prepared ahead of time.
Below, you will find information that will help prepare yourself and your child for camp:
What should I pack?
● We request all campers bring a facial covering with them. Campers are not required to wear masks outdoors but are encouraged to wear masks when indoors.
● Nut free lunch labeled with your camper’s name and a cold pack (we do not offer refrigeration)
● Life preserver (if appropriate) for “water adventure” games. (optional)
● Water bottle
● Bathing suit and towel (flip flops/swim shoes – optional)
● Change of clothes in case something gets wet.
● Sweatshirt on chilly mornings/days
● Sunscreen (please label your child’s name.)
● Your camp spirit!
Please label all of your camper’s belongings!
What should I expect at drop-off?
● Drop off is between 8:30-9:00 AM. In order to moderate the amount of traffic, we are asking you to stagger the times you arrive:
○ Last names A-L: Drop off between 8:30-8:45 AM
○ Last names M-Z: Drop off between 8:45- 9:00 AM
● You will be greeted at the entrance of the Fair Acres driveway, where I will check you in!
● I will then ask you to drive to your designated drop off location, which will be marked by a colored barrel.
What should I expect at pick-up?
● Pick-up is between 3:15-3:30. A staff member will be at the entrance of the drive-way to help guide you to the correct location.
● At this time, your child will be ready and waiting at the same designated area they were dropped off at and are now ready for pick-up (marked by a colored barrel- I will again be at the front of the driveway to guide you if you are not sure!). They will have all of their belongings with them and ready to leave when you arrive.
● Both of your child’s counselors will be available at pick-up if you need anything. I will also be available, should you need me at all.
● Again, we ask you to remain at your car, to be respectful of traffic, and proceed in a timely manner.
● We kindly ask you to be on one time for pick-up.
Who will I meet?!
● At drop off and pick up you will see the most amazing Fair Acres Team, so excited for another fantastic day of good ole’ camp fun!. We will greet you every morning and be there to tell you about our crazy adventures in the afternoon!
Meet our Summer Camp 2021 Staff here!
*** Also, as a reminder, we continue to have hand sanitation stations around camp for your
child to use throughout the day, and campers are also encouraged to wash their hands
regularly. Additionally, we sanitize and disinfect our campus each night.
Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have any questions! See you soon!
Lisa and the Fair Acres Team